Harvest Party Costume (yes...ikikik...im super late)


So lately I have been finding myself obsessed with anything WWII and 1940s...so naturally I was overly excited about dressing up for our annual Harvest Party (we don't do Halloween).
After many ideas that came and went, I finally settled on "WWII agent", and ideas and grand plans started whirling around my head immediately, Goodwill here I come. 



  I started by combing every Goodwill store for suits that would match this particular time period. I came up with a beautifully colored pant suit, which fit me well enough.
  Of course I should also mention that I don't wear pants...ugh...first road block.
 The transforming of the slacks into a pencil skirt was perfect, and after many adjustings and slips to cover up unseemly lines and lumps, we did it!!


The shoes...ah...the shoes...this is a very long story, but to shorten it I will just say that I had been looking for them for months, I wanted a pair that were nice, American made, non 3 inch heeled, wingtip, oxford pumps that didn't have a ugly block heel.
 Yes, I'm picky...and no I didn't find anything.
 Discouraged, I thought I would finally have to give up my dream of the perfect pair of shoes...and then...behold!! Ebay, life saver, savior!!
 For $21.00 some glorious person in New York was selling a pair of the perfect shoes!! Only problem...I don't normally wear 8.5 sized shoes (9 is the normal size) and I have only had small luck fitting into 8.5 shoes in the past.
but I couldn't pass this opportunity up!!
So...I bid...and I won the bid...oh joy!!
Mama and Papa had their doubts, but we were all hopeful!!
They arrived...and I began the task of trying to get them on...they fit...perfectly!!
Happy day!!
They are my favorite shoes!!
Ah, this was probably my favorite costume of all times!!
 


Thanks for Reading!!
Love Abs!!

Comments

  1. Love it! I love seeing thr ladies' outfits from that time period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! Yes, I love the way women dressed back then!!

      Delete
  2. Sweet! I also love the styles from the WWII era. So classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!! And the hair was amazing!! def making more posts on this era!!

      Delete
  3. I remember. My dad was a Sargent in the war. I remember his army suit in the closet for years. It was wool. My mom gave me clothes-many wool skirts to wear when I was in my 20's. One was green, her favorite color. My dad ended up writing a book called, "A World War II Soldier's Story", the truth of how he was treated in the Army Air force at the age of 18. It had lots of pictures and letters he wrote his mom, my favorite grandmother. He repaired planes. He taught me much about the truth of the goings on during that time. SES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that sounds amazing!! I love wool clothes (especially vintage). HHHmmm, that book sounds interesting, I will definitely look it up!!
      Thank you for commenting!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cutest little tree frog ever !!!!!

Lots,and Lots, of DISHES !!!!!!!!