"When Will My Life Begin?"




So...yeah...the title says it all.
I'm sixteen, and waiting for the ball to start rolling...and waiting...and waiting.
You all should know, I've never been a patient person, three weeks is way to long to wait for me.
I just pulled out my favorite Disney movie the other day: Sleeping Beauty. I just about chocked on my popcorn when I realized that she is only fifteen when she is dancing and singing through the woods (I also would like to know her secret for sounding and looking like she is thirty).
And I also noticed that after meeting Phillip and dancing with him for a bit, she lets him drape his arm around her shoulder like they are old lovers, it would be safe to guess that I was choking on my popcorn an awful lot as several more things became clear.
In other words, the whole point of me bringing that up is that...sixteen isn't in any way how they show it in the movies (or even books for that matter).
In my distant childhood daydreams, at this time in my life I would have been dancing and singing with a dashing, sweet, prince.
Oh well, those dreams have been long forsaken, but still...why does Hollywood put those dreams into little girls heads, as if they are even possible in the slightest way.
Anyway, here I am sitting on the couch eating, or reading a book, nothing like what I thought life would be like by now.
I have a big loving family, and an exciting lifestyle. Who needs a prince anyway?
...Well...I don't fancy a prince anymore, that ship has sailed, but a tall, dark haired cowboy would be nice. ;P
I guess that writing this has been nice. Sometimes it's helpful to write things out to help get your thoughts and priorities straight.

My Priorities (still working on them):

  1. God
  2. Family
  3. Friends
  4. Books
  5. Eating
  6. Books
  7. Eating
  8. Guitar
  9. Writing
My Dreams:

  1. A husband
  2. Children (four would be nice)
  3. A happy home
  4. To be a photographer
  5. To be an author
I'm slowly growing up...I hope...and finding out it's not all I thought it would be, the older I get, the more responsibilities I get, I have trouble as everyone does, I'm not perfect...but that's what I yearn to be...someday...where the roses never fade.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harvest Party Costume (yes...ikikik...im super late)

Cutest little tree frog ever !!!!!

things for young ladies to do on a cold winter day