Clara Barton Cara Barton was a Civil War nurse, she founded The Red Cross, and since lots of my friends don't know who she is, I decided to write an article on her. Clara Barton was born December 25 1821 in Oxford, Massachusetts, she was the youngest of five children born of Sarah and Stephen Stone . Clara's childhood was hard because kids teased her about her looks and because she acted like a tomboy. She was also very shy. When Clara was 11 years old, her brother fell off a building under construction. For the next few years Clara nursed him back to health. ...
So lately I have been finding myself obsessed with anything WWII and 1940s...so naturally I was overly excited about dressing up for our annual Harvest Party (we don't do Halloween). After many ideas that came and went, I finally settled on "WWII agent", and ideas and grand plans started whirling around my head immediately, Goodwill here I come. I started by combing every Goodwill store for suits that would match this particular time period. I came up with a beautifully colored pant suit, which fit me well enough. Of course I should also mention that I don't wear pants...ugh...first road block. The transforming of the slacks into a pencil skirt was perfect, and after many adjustings and slips to cover up unseemly lines and lumps, we did it!! The shoes...ah...the shoes...this is a very long story, but to shorten it I will just say that I had been looking for them for months, I wanted a pair that were nice, American made, non 3 inch...
I haven't written in such a long time, MAY is such a busy month. 13 ducklings hatched ( we have to keep them out of the goat barn or they will get smashed ) getting the garden plowed and planted before it rains again "hhhhhhuuuuuurrrrrrryyyyyyyy'' yells mama. mama is nervous about farmers market so we are to. MY 12TH BIRTHDAY : ) memorial day picnic : ) ... making food.
Comments
Post a Comment