Life Changes

  I never imagined a life with three jobs, a broken heart and a dad battling cancer. I still have trouble believing most of the things that have happened in the past couple years.
  My once upon a time best friend got married back in 2018 and we haven't spoken in way too long...I find myself wondering where she is in her life...all the things we always said we would do together, and here we are, living life like two strangers who occasionally bump into each other. Life is weird. I miss her, and having a girl my age to talk to about the things I'm going through.
  A dear friend of mine...somebody I thought would always be there, has stopped coming to church and hasn't hardly come around our house in the last year. I feel this loss acutely, a hollow spot in my chest that just won't go away, he was like a brother to me when we were younger...and something more now...but we never had our moment (thanks Hollywood for all the unrealistic hopes). I can't even put into words how much I miss him.

  I started GED classes...I may have mentioned that in a previous post. But yesterday I finally took my math test, and PASSED!! It was a ride home gripping the steering wheel smiling like an idiot saying
over and over again "I DID IT!" And afterward stopping by my best friends house and and hugging her while squealing and laughing like little girls. That still makes me smile, and I still can't believe I passed my math test! I'm so bad at math! But I passed on my first try and I'm not looking back.
  I passed my Science, Social Studies and Language Arts tests before I left for Texas...and I scored really high on my Language Arts test, which I'm rather proud of. Science and Math hold about the same level of interest for me...with math ranking (surprisingly) a little higher than science. But I can give all the credit for that to my two amazing teachers: first and foremost, my mother, who gave up 12 years of her life to teach me (she's still homeschooling my 4 younger brothers), and my GED teacher, who literally knows everything! He taught all four subjects with college level knowledge! They are amazing people and I aspire to be that persistent and wise when I get older.
 
  Papa has been battling lymphoma for three years...and we got the report a couple months ago that he is finally in remission! Praise the Lord!! We are so blessed to have come out of this with all members of our little family in tact..if not completely healed. Papa has struggled to regain strength after chemo, but each day he faces the low energy with courage and bravery, getting outside and building things, and trying hard to find things to do around the house. As a family, the big project of the year has been the in-ground natural pool we built in the back yard, reaching eight feet in the deep end. A natural pool has been on the bucket list for a couple years and I find it rather ironic that we only got it started when Papa was sick, but that is probably due to the fact that he has been home and unemployed for the extent of his illness.
  The pool is a fun addition to the many sights to see on our small plot of land, and the boys have even ventured to take a swim in the frigid fall water...they have grand plans to break the ice next spring in their version of  a "Polar Plunge"...needless to say, I will not be joining them. But I am looking forward to a quick dip to cool off in the heat of the summer.

  My truck is still holding together, though I know not how. The poor dear is nearly rusted through. And I need to take a look...or rather, have somebody else take a look at the sudden off balance tilt that has appeared around the passenger side wheel...I hope it's something I can fix...affordably. And I need new tires and new breaks...thanks to the bad breaking habits passed on to me by my dear parents. I was quite often in tears over the problems she was having over the summer...and I got an awful lot of exercise when my truck broke down and even needed a tow at one point. But that problem is water under the bridge and this stuff is just maintenance thank goodness.

  Photography has taken a back seat in the last couple years, due to my working weekends and studying, I simply haven't had much time for it.
  But here are a few shots that I was able to snag for a friend.










   
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harvest Party Costume (yes...ikikik...im super late)

Cutest little tree frog ever !!!!!

things for young ladies to do on a cold winter day